Monday 16 March 2020

Coronavirus: Stay safe and well at home

Since the Coronavirus virus started about 2 months ago, the world has slowly come to terms with finding way to control this infectious disease. Schools, pubs and most businesses have been closed and most people are in quarantine working from home. We are talking about staying safe now from the disease but I want to talk about the safety of peoples mental health through this crisis.

Most people are like me and are working from home or their business has been closed down by the virus. Being at home for a considerable period of time and not leaving could have a detrimental effect on our mental health. I just hope that it does not push up the suicide rate as well.

People should try different measures to keep positive during the crisis. I have tried meditation on you tube each day. This has provided me with positive energy each day. I do it either before work or after work depending on my shift. It really does relax me and releases all the stress from a days work where you no longer have your home as your chill out environment. It makes me attack the next day with positivity and has allowed me to not go insane in the new process of working from home.

Another tip if people do not want to do mediation is yoga or some exercise. As all gyms are closed, exercise is still so important to keep your body active and positive. I have downloaded a few apps on my phone. One app I used before even this disease broke out was Sweat by Tayla Damir. She gives great work out tips that you can do with just a exercise mat. She teaches you to do sit ups, pull ups and burpies.  This is great for people who still want to keep fit but can not go to the gym.

The tip I still swear by for everyone is leave your house on your own and go for a short walk. Put in your earphones and just listen to music. This is always the best tool to loosen up after a hard days work. Obviously the only catch is you can not go with anyone else or hope you do not meet anyone you know on your walk. Clear your mind and still stay healthy.

These are my tips to stay sane during the Coronavirus. If you are feeling low there are still people around to talk to like the Samarthians or Pieta house. Always if you are feeling low talk to someone. Do not suffer in silence. There is always a friendly face around to put a smile back on your face. Mind yourself and people around you. Lets all get through this with positive vibes

No comments:

Post a Comment