Monday 30 December 2019

Fashion from the 2010s and Beyond

Fashion has played a huge role in my life during the 2010s. My fashion style has evolved throughout the decade to what it is now. I really feel the first big milestone for me was when I moved to Dublin in 2012. I really feel this was the first time I was away from home and I could test out different brands and styles. With time I feel like I really honed in on my style to get to a real casual chic look.

In the early part of the 2010s, because I was really thin, I was able to wear tight bodycon dresses that really showed off my long legs and small body shape. This allowed me to feel really sexy but in the wrong way. I felt I was sexy but with hindsight I was really portraying the wrong image. As I grew into my 20s and put on a bit of body fat, I soon learned very quickly that this was the wrong style dress for me. I knew by the middle to late 20s that skater style dresses were the way to go.

In this time I was learning about skater dresses, I was also learning about online shopping and the many shops that I could purchase these fabulous dresses. I started to learn about boohoo.com, forever 21 and pretty little thing. With these shops, I was learning the different types of even skater dresses you could get. You could get peplum, maxi, mini and mid length. You can also even get straight cut or flowing. The fun you have online picking out the different dresses for different occasions was great to get away from the history or politics assignment you could have been doing instead.

Colours was my next learning curve. As being a blonde in college, I went for blues and reds and sometimes I wore purple when it was my birthday as that was my favourite colour. As I got older, and changed my hair colour to brown, I still kept the blues and reds but added in browns, yellows, black and whites now. The dimensions you get by wearing these colours is so much better. I wish I knew this when I was younger. By pairing a white top with a black skirt and putting a belt with it you are showing off your waist and hiding your boobs. It allows you to feel sexy without being in any way revealing. This is now the opposite effect I have from when I was in my early 20s. I feel as time has gone on, I have learned to go with what suits me and not what looks good on a hanger or what a size 8 model is wearing. I am so confident now more than I was when I was a size 8.

Fashion has taught me so much, how you wear the clothes not the clothes wearing you. Fashion has given me so much confidence that I can now teach people what I have learned throughout the years. Life is all about learning and growing and I feel through fashion I have done that really well.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I hope you enjoyed it. I will be back again soon

Joanne
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment